I usually try to cook and bake a lot on the weekends so that during the week I can throw some leftovers in the microwave at the end of a long day and put my feet up. Some days there are just no palatable leftovers available, however, and it's good to have a few quick, easy dinner options on hand to avoid serious demoralization. This week I made a delicious chicken entree that was incredibly easy and very satisfying.
You will need:
1 chicken thigh, skinless and boneless (you could also use two and have plenty of sauce to go 'round).
1 cup mango chutney
1 small onion
1 tsp celery seed
salt, pepper, and olive oil
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 and chopping up the onion. Then throw it in a pan with a splash of olive oil at medium heat and saute until softened.
2. Add the celery seed to the onions and stir for 30 seconds or so until fragrant. Then stir in the mango chutney and remove from heat.
3. Put the chicken thigh in an oven safe pan and pour the chutney mixture over top. Note that I have lined the pan with aluminum foil. I highly suggest you do it too. Why? Chutney has a high sugar content, and when you subject sugar to high heat, it becomes caramel. Caramel is very sticky and very difficult to get off a pan. Especially when it turns dark brown and solid. I'm sure we've all been there.
4. Bake the chicken until it's done. This may vary for you, but I believe this one took about 35 minutes. You may want to check on it every so often and spoon some sauce over the chicken so it doesn't dry out.
5. I served it with a simple green salad and enjoyed a glass of Argentine Malbec with it. Add salt and pepper to taste.