This is the best oven fried chicken recipe I've found. In fact, I prefer it to real fried chicken—it's far less greasy and you can taste the zesty spices more this way.
5-6 drumsticks (you can use other parts too, I just like drumsticks best for fried chicken)
3 cups milk
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp greek seasoning
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup panko
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper
1. Combine the milk, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder 1 tsp greek seasoning and mustard in a bowl. The milk and vinegar will form a buttermilk type substance.
2. Add the chicken to the milk mixture and chill at least 2 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the panko and crushed cornflakes in a bowl—I made this batch without cornflakes and I regret it. Add the flour, remaining greek seasoning, chipotle powder, a bit of salt and pepper and a dash or two of olive oil.
4. Dip the chicken in the panko mixture and lay on a foil lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 mins, or until golden and crispy. Eat with your fingers and relish not clogging your arteries. I ate some of this batch with a sliced heirloom tomato. Nummy.